White roofs drive energy costs down
Highly reflective “cool” roofs are having their day in the sun.
During the warmest weather, studies have indicated that they lower roof temperatures by up to 40% and decrease the amount of heat transferred into a building’s interior.
That helps reduce energy needs for cooling, and using less energy not only saves money, it also reduces the amount of pollutants released into the atmosphere. Conklin Roofing Systems meet the very highest standards for energy efficiency.
What Conklin Cool Roofs do for You
- Reduce air conditioning bills
- Increase roof durability
- Lower air temperature surrounding air conditioning unit
- Help lower the heat island effect
- Provide sustainable roofing systems
- Reduce the amount of landfill waste by re-coating the existing roof
A Benchmark® Performance Under the Toughest Conditions
When the Florida Solar Energy Center decided to conduct a demonstration of the energy savings resulting from light-colored roofs, it looked for a product it believed would lower cooling costs during the hot Florida summer. The product it selected was Conklin’s Benchmark® roof coating. Benchmark was applied to the roofs of seven retail shops in a Cocoa, Florida, strip mall. The results of the demonstration showed a 25.3% average reduction in cooling energy among the seven shops. Individual savings ranged from 13% to 48%.
Beginning in 1977, Conklin was the first company to create and manufacture white, acrylic roof coating systems. Conklin continues to develop some of the most innovative and sustainable roof coatings on the market. With more than one billion square feet of roofing applied and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers, Conklin has changed the face of the roofing industry. Contractors using our roofing systems can maintain and protect your building for decades to come.
Conklin’s Cool Roofs Meet the Highest Standards for Reflectivity and Emissivity
These qualities result in a highly sustainable roof that:
- Reduces severe temperature fluctuations that cause thermal movement and stress
- Reflects damaging UV rays to help slow the aging process of the roof
- Lowers roof temperatures, reducing the rate of chemical breakdown
ENERGY STAR-Rated Protection
Conklin Company is proud to be a partner of the EPA’s ENERGY STAR program; our white roof systems meet the EPA’s stringent guidelines for energy efficiency, and help to protect the environment in a number of ways by:
- Decreasing the energy required to cool the building, resulting in less air pollution
- Reducing the amount of roofing materials discarded into landfills with exceptional sustainability
- Minimizing summertime heat island effects in city environments, slowing down the formation of smog
Savings for all Seasons
The outside temperature doesn’t have to be hot for Conklin Roofing Systems to reduce energy costs. Conklin’s Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) Roof Systems and Single-Ply Membrane Roofing Systems have a layer of insulation that helps lower heating costs in the winter. With white, reflective coatings to reflect summer heat, Conklin roofs are energy efficient all year round.